Tuesday, January 11, 2011

BOCA Tacos

by La’Shon Cannon-Robinson


Before I became vegan, one of my favorite foods was tacos—and still is. I absolutely love tacos!

I had to find a way to still enjoy one of my favorite foods so I came across this recipe when I was online at the Boca website which makes many vegan and vegetarian friendly food items that you can purchase at your local grocery store.

I definitely play around with the ingredients and add things according to my likes. I add vegetarian refried beans to the inside of my taco for added flavor. Another thing that I like to do is to add cayenne pepper to spice it up a bit.

Then I garnish my veggie tacos with guacamole, romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa and shredded rice cheese. All I have to say is uummmm!

You can find this recipe at www.boca.com and don’t be afraid to try alternatives such as Boca meatless spicy chik’n patties. Enjoy!

BOCA Tacos

Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 13 min
Makes: 6 servings
2 cups frozen BOCA Ground Crumbles
3/4 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Mild Salsa
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
6 flour tortillas (6 inch)

COOK all ingredients except tortillas in nonstick skillet on medium heat 8 to 10 min. or until crumbles are cooked through (160ºF), stirring occasionally.

SPOON onto tortillas; roll up.

BOCA KITCHEN TIPS

Special Extra
Serve with your favorite taco toppings, such as shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and chopped onions.

Substitute
Substitute TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Shells for the flour tortillas.

NUTRITION INFORMATION
Nutrition Bonus:
Treat your family to this contemporary twist on traditional tacos. And as a bonus, this meatless version can fit into a healthful eating plan.

Diet Exchange:
1-1/2 Starch,1 Meat (L)

No comments:

Post a Comment