Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Karyn's Cooked Is All that and Some

by La’Shon Cannon-Robinson


There is no way that I could write a blog about Vegan cooking without giving kudos to my favorite vegan restaurant in Chicago- Karyn’s Cooked.

Karyn’s Cooked is mottoed as being “conscious comfort food.” My hubby introduced me to this restaurant when we first started dating back in 2008 and I have been hooked every since.


Karyn’s has a nice romantic atmosphere with the dimmed lights and lit candles at every table. The restaurant is always busy and the service goes above and beyond. Karyn’s is hip, vegan and gourmet all rolled into one.
I want to share with you my favorite dishes that I enjoy when I eat at Karyn’s.

My favorite items at Karyn’s:




*Vegan Pizza $10.00
Traditional vegan pizza on thin whole-wheat crust, homemade soy cheese, tasty marinara sauce, seitan and veggies

*Buffalo wings $9.00
Chicken soy meat dusted in whole wheat flour. Seasoned with paprika, garlic and onion. Served with garlic and barbeque sauces

*Home-style Meat Loaf $12.00
Served with garlic mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and shiitake mushroom gravy

*Taco Salad Bowl $12.00
Grilled seitan and onions tossed in a mix of lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole and soy cheese. piled high in a crispy whole wheat tortilla shell. Served with a side of jalapenos and chipotle sauce

*Taco Wrap $9.00
Spicy ground soy protein with chipotle sauce, fresh pico de gallo and lettuce wrapped in a tomato tortilla

*Burger with Cheese $10.00
Soy burger with all the toppings on a toasted whole wheat bun

 
*Classic Lasagna $12.00
Homemade Classic with smoked spinach and tofu ricotta

*Bread Pudding $4.00

Karyn’s offers brunch on Sunday’s from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The brunch menu is also very good and I recommend the banana French toast.

 
738 N Wells St
Chicago, IL 60654
Neighborhoods: Near North Side, River North
(312) 587-1050
www.karynraw.com

No comments:

Post a Comment